Saturday, November 13, 2010

Birthday Wishes...

Hi sweet friends!! I hope you're all having a great weekend!! I've been hanging out in my craftroom all day...I have several projects in the works...here's one I've been struggling with for the last two days. But...I am pretty pleased with the results...even tho I'm not so much of a purple person! Here's what I discovered...if I just get out of my own way and let the card determine where it wants to go in terms of design, it makes things so much easier!! My inspiration was this absolutely gorgeous paper from KaiserCraft called "Lilac Avenue Collection". I flipped through my LOTV stamps and found this adorable little fairy - one I don't often see used - blowing what looks to me like dandelions...and that's how this card started.

Here are a couple of side views.


These are pics of the inside. Again, this is a side-opening card with a little "pocket" on the left side of the card, perfect for tucking a gift card into!!



Here's the rest of my card "recipe":
Cardstock: Concord Crush & Almost Amethyst from Stampin Up.
Sentiment: from Kanban stamps - stamped w/Concord Crush ink (SU)
Lavender Raffia Ribbon, lime green tulle, roses, green ribbon, pearls, & charm: stash
Doohickey tag: Magnolia
Stardust stickles
Copics (below).

So, there you have it...one darling little Make a Wish Birthday card which I'm entering into this week's "Anything Goes" Thursday Challenge at Lili of the Valley. Oh...one last thing...and I can tell you this because I've already placed my order (hehehe)...LOTV just released (on Nov. 12th) even more of their precious little girls stamps!!

Thanks so much for stopping by...and thanks for leaving such sweet comments!! See you soon.