Thursday, August 11, 2011

Just married...almost!

Whooohooo! It's Thursday...and it's time for another fun challenge at Mo's Challenge Blog!! Our sweet and crazy talented DT sistah, Debbie, is our hostess again this week. Debbie's decided that we should make...

...anything BUT a card!

Now I will admit, I am mostly a cardmaking mama, so this was a bit of a challenge for me...hence the name "challenge," right?!! Well, I'd been thinking about making a little something special for my nephew, Tony (Dee's son), and his "bride to be"...so I thought this would be the perfect opportunity!! I chose the cutest little "wedding couple"...called Bethy's Wedding (you can find her HERE at Mo's online store) and the rest just sort of fell together! So...what'cha think?


Honestly, have you ever seen such a cute image? ! (I know, I say that every Thursday, don't I?! Well...it's true!!) Bethy and her "fella" are pretty non-traditional...which is exactly what I was going for!! Something fun and unique!! Here's another view...


I used a little shadowbox frame that I picked up at my local craft store (Michael's)...and used some fun new DPs from Bo Bunny's "Welcome Home" collection. I'm not sure if it shows here...but there's a little picket fence at the bottom!! This is just the cutest paper! I love it! Oh...and it's perfect because Stephanie (Tony's fiancee) chose green and blue for her bridesmaids' dresses! I added some lace...and a fun bow (made w/ribbon from Stampin' Up). Then I added some yummilicious flowers and two metal filagree corners from Wild Orchid Crafts. Pearls and the sheer ribbon on the outside of the frame are from my stash.  


 I used the following Copics:
Skin: E21, 00, 000, 0000
Cheeks: R20
Bethy's hair:  E53, 51, 50, YR20
"Groom's" hair: E25, 23, 21, 13, YR20
Greens: G24, 21, 20
Aquas: BG72, 11, 10, 000, 0000
Blue shorts & shoes: B95, 93, 91
Wagon: R27, 24, 22, 20 w/a little N1 at the edges to darken the red a bit
Pink flower in Bethy's hairL R85, 83, RV10
Greys/blacks: C7, 5, 3, 2, 1, 00

Look at that, no "artsy" pic on this one. Sorry to disappoint!! I know how much you look forward to that. Well...maybe next time! hehehe!

So that's it for me, kids. Be sure you stop by Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog and take a peek at what Debbie and the rest of my talented Design Teamies have created to inspire you. Then get crackin' on your own little masterpiece using one (or more) Mo Manning image (you can find lots and lots of fun images at Mo's online store HERE and HERE). Remember to follow Debbie's theme...

...anything BUT a card!! 

One lucky participant (chosen at random) will win her choice of one of Mo's digi images! And that lucky person could be YOU!! Whooohooo!

Thank you so much for stopping by...and a special thanks for your kind comments. They really do make my day. Sending hugs...until next time...