Monday, October 10, 2011

Sugar Nellie DT Monday...

Hey sweet friends! Welcome to my little corner of the world! Oh my goodness gracious...did you have the BEST time at this past weekend's Sugar Nellie "Fairy Glen" Blog Hop? What an amaaaazing group of designers...so talented...each and every card/project was gorgeous and incredibly unique! And, of course, I just HAD to order each one of the new "Faily Glen" Fairies from Funky Kits HERE! I tell ya, I am quickly becoming a "fairy" kinda crafter!! hehehe! Oh...and I'm even using GLITTER!! YIKES!

Well...enough of my babbling...let's get crackin' and take a peek at another adorable Sugar Nellie image!

This little sweetheart is called "Hello Little Friend" and is from the Tinkle Bells & Jingle Bells collection at Funky Kits HERE. (The bells on her stockings are a bit hidden beneath the ground cover!) Yep...another adorable fairy!! I love these stamps because they are so versatile...and can be used for nearly every occasion!! I decided to go with an Autumn theme...


I had such a fun time making this card...for no one in particular...maybe it'll find its way into my Etsy store (as soon as I get around to listing some new cards! We'll see!) Soooo...here's a close-up of the sentiment...I love it! (It's actually from an old cling set...don't know the name...sorry.)


Perfect sentiment for Fall, don'tcha think? I stamped it onto some gold-colored Mulberry paper and then tore it...cool effect, huh?


Here's my card "Recipe"...
  • Cardstock: Baja Breeze & Chocolate Chip (Stampin' Up)
  • DPs: Recollections "Night & Fall" Collection
  • Magic Mesh - Copper
  • Die cut leaves (cut from mulberry paper): Memory Box Dies
  • Chipboard leaves & pumpkin: Maya Road
  • Inka Gold (rubbed onto chipboard and then buffed)
  • Raffia ribbon & pearls: Stash
  • Flower Soft: Autumn
  • Coarse Glitter: Martha Stewart
  • Leaves and flower: Wild Orchid Crafts
 Here's a peek at the inside...


Here are the Copics used to color this gorgeous image...
  • E21, 00, 000, 0000 (Skin)
  • R20 (cheeks)
  • E25, 23, 53, 51, 30, YR21 (hair)
  • YR24, 0000, Y23, 21 (wings & stars)
  • W1, 0, R20 (bunny)
  • BG72, 10, B21, 00, 0000 (dress)
  • B0000 (shadow)
 And, of course, the ever-popular "artsy" view...


And...that's it for me, my darlins. Thanks so much for stopping by for my second post as a Sugar Nellie DT member! And a special thanks for your sweet comments...they really make me smile! Hugsssss...until next time....