Monday, February 11, 2013

Dare to be "Unique" . . .

Happy Monday, my sweet friends!! Did'ja have a great weekend? I sure hope you're keeping warm and dry! My thoughts and prayers go out to all of those folks in New England who have been hammered with cold and snow these past couple of days! Fortunately the weather missed us completely! It's been cool and clear here in Richmond, VA!! I swear, this may be the perfect climate . . . not too cold and not too hot . . . and snow only once or twice each year!! I'm so spoiled!! hehe!!

But, enough about the weather!! I have a new Sugar Nellie DT project to share with you . . .
This fun and rather quirky image is from the Leanne Ellis Collection of Sugar Nellie rubber stamps! It's called "Be One Traveler" and is currently on order HERE at Funky Kits. Here's a close-up . . .
I just love Leanne Ellis stamps. They really are such fun to color!! Plus, all of the squiggly doodles around the image are already there!! (A good thing for me since, when I try to make squiggly doodle lines, they look like something I drew with my left foot! sigh! hehe!) Here's a bit of a side view . . .
My card "recipe" . . .
Image inked onto Cryogen Metallic White paper
Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake, & Cherry Cobbler cardstock: Stampin' up
DPs: "From the Heart II" from Pion Designs
Lace & brads: My stash
Sentiment: Lockhart Stamp Company
Doily die: Cheery Lynn
Border die (inside): Magnolia
Seam binding (Cherry Cobbler): Stampin' Up
Colored with Copic Sketch markers & pencils

A peek at the inside . . .
And, finally . . .
So . . . what'cha think? Kinda funky and unique, right?! I hope you've enjoyed my little Sugar Nellie card! I really enjoyed making it! And thanks so much for stopping by . . . and for your sweet comments! Hugs . . . until next time!