Thursday, May 2, 2013

Anything Goes at Mo's . . .

Happy Thursday . . . m'darlins! It's May already! What the what? Already?! Seriously . . . I should probably start working on Christmas cards . . . but NOT QUITE YET! hehehe!! Soon, though . . . I promise!! Actually, this week would have been the perfect week to make a Christmas card since today is the first Thursday of the month . . . and that means our challenge theme at Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog is . . .

Anything Goes!

However, I decided to do something a bit different for a change!! Check out my "RETRO" creation . . . .
Yikes!! Talk about "Flower Power," huh?! Well, let me tell ya . . . when I first saw this adorable Mo Manning image with the "cat's eyes" glasses, I just knew I'd be doing something "retro" with her!! And nothing says "retro" quite like bright colors and great big flowers, right?! Now . . . I know some of you are far too young to remember the '60's . . . so you'll just have to trust me on this one! hehe!! Here's an extreme close-up . . . (check out the pink "diamond" bling on her spectacles!)
This cutie patootie image is called "Fabulous" and she definitely is that, don't you agree? You can find her right HERE in Mo's online store. Here's a bit of a side view . . .
My Card "Recipe" . . .
Image printed on  Cryogen Metallic White cardstock
White & Melon Mambo cardstock: Stampin' Up
DPs: "Simply Sweet" by K & Company
Sentiment: Inkadinkado
 Flowers, brads, ric rac, & pink diamonds (hehe): My stash
Glossy Accents on boots & lenses
Scalloped Round Grand Nestabilities dies: Spellbinders
Copic Sketch Markers & colored pencils

And . . . of course . . . a sort of "artsy" angle . . .
I tell ya, doesn't this card just make you want to do the "Pony", the "Mashed Potato", and the "Freddie"? (Those were dances back in the '60's, which is definitely where they should stay . . . in the '60's! LOL!!) Ahhhh . . . it's always such fun walking down memory lane!! But, enough reminiscing for now. It's time to pop on over to Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog to check out the fabulous projects created by my uber talented DT sisters! Then, please join us for this week's "Anything Goes" challenge. It's easy . . . just pull out your craft supplies and at least one Mo Manning image and start creating!!

Oh . . . and don't forget, Mo is awarding (selected at random) one $5.00 shopping spree at her online store for every 25 challenge participants! What an easy and fun way to get some new Mo images, right?!

And . . .  that's it for me! Thank you so much for stopping by . . . and, as always, thanks bunches for your sweet comments. Hugs . . . until next time.