Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Layers & Layers of "Sassy"!

Happy Tuesday!! It's time for another fun challenge over at Sassy Cheryl's Challenge Blog! And this fortnight's challenge "hostess with the mostess" is my sweet friend and DT sister, Joann (a.k.a. Sassy Raggedy!) and she's chosen the theme . . .

"Lots of Layers"

No problemo!! I am very comfortable with lots of layers . . . so this one was an easy one for me! Although, I will admit . . . I increased the degree of difficulty by pulling out my colored pencils!! And here's what I came up with . . .
This little image is called "Patience Secret" and is available HERE in Sassy Cheryl's online store. Here's side view . . .
A look at the inside . . . clean & simple . . . 
  My card "recipe" . . .
Image printed on Strathmore Bristol paper
Black Cardstock: Stampin' Up
Digi DPs: "Ladies & Gentleman Too" by Mary Fran for Nitwits
Rectangle & square dies: Nestabilities by Spellbinders
Flower die: Cheery Lynn
Sentiment stamps: Stampin' Up
White seam binding, brad, charm, & pearls: my stash
Faber Castell, Caran d'Ache, & Prismacolor pencils

And one last photo . . .
OK . . . full disclosure . . . coloring with pencils is definitely me stepping far out of my "Copic" comfort zone!! Copics give me deeper, richer colors . . . and pencils are softer!! I love them both!! Now . . . please pop on over to Sassy Cheryl's Challenge Blog and take a look at all the fabulous creations by my fellow Design Teamies! Then, we'd love for you to pull out some of your own craft supplies and at least one Sassy Cheryl image and join! Oh, and remember . . .

At least one lucky participant (but maybe more), selected at random, will win . . .
TWO Sassy Cheryl Digi Images!

Thanks so much for visiting . . . and, as always, for your kind comments! Stay warm! See you soon! Hugs . . .