Saturday, May 10, 2014

Happy Mother's Day!!

Happy Saturday! I hope you're having a fabulous weekend so far! I've been in my studio rearranging and organizing. I've found it works really well to just move the clutter into the hallway! Out of sight, out of mind! LOL!! Soooooo . . . since tomorrow (May 11th) is Mother's Day here in America, I wanted to send good wishes and warm hugs to all the mothers out there!! And . . . I thought I'd post a card I made for my sister to give to her MIL!
This sweet "gardener" was created by my friend, the very talented and super cool artist, Mo Manning! The image is called "Sadie" and is available here in Mo's online store. Here's a close-up . . .
So, here's the deal . . . since my last Mo card was verrrrrry "Clean and Simple" . . . I thought I'd make this one "Fussy and Complex"! hehe!! It's one of my faves . . . a "twisted easel" card. Here's a full view . . .
And a bit of a side-ish view . . .
My Card "recipe"
Image printed on Cryogen metallic white cardstock
Wisteria Wonder & Very Vanilla cardstock: Stampin' Up
DPs: Graphic 45 "Secret Garden"
Labels 18 Nestabilities by Spellbinders
Fence & grass dies: Magnolia
Corner die: Joy Crafts
Sentiment stamp: Hero Arts
Flowers: Wild Orchid Crafts
Charm, pearls, & ribbon: My stash
Butterfly punch: Martha Stewart

Markers used to color this Mo image:
Skin: Shin Han - YR133 & 132; Copics - E000, 0000, & E13 for darkest shadows
Cheeks: Shin Han - R139
Hair: Copics - C6, 4, 2, 1, 0
Blues: Copics - B91, 93, 95, 97, 99
Greens: Copics - G46, 43, 40
Shirt: Copics - R35, 32, 20
Flower pot: Copics - E09, 07, and R02
Purple apron: Copics - BV13, 11, 00, 000

And one more pic for good measure . . .
And there ya have it! My not-so-clean & simple "Mother's Day" creation!! I hope you've enjoyed your visit! Sending happy hugs . . . until next time!